Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grabbing Hold of God...

I cannot convey the bountiful basket of fumbled feelings and erupted emotions that are radiating from me at the moment. All week as I have tried with everything in me to grasp Joy, grasp God, grabbing hold of the more instead of hanging on to the less, I am here in this place.

Do you think this place to be negative??? OH, NO!!! I am so filled with the very presence of God that even in the moments where my flesh is trying to escape, I have imprisoned it...I have allowed my spirit to be #1...I have to, you see...I cannot miss out on what God is doing and well my flesh just keeps getting in the way. What God has is greater than the biggest of my wildest imaginations or yours or any ones. What God is doing is Bigger than anything this Earth can even contain! Are we ready for it? I mean are we really ready?

I went to a concert with Ascend the Hill and Ember Days. I don't get to concerts much or have opportunity to see other Worshipers LIVE in action. It was a random opportunity I thoroughly enjoyed, not because of the bands, but because it was another opportunity for me to meet up with God. And OH did I meet Him. It was refreshing to just come into His presence in Worship. I closed my eyes the entire time and just allowed Him to consume me. It wasn't about the people, the place, any of it. It was just Me and Him! "Take me into Your presence, into Your glory, I am surrendered to You, there You can change me, and rearrange me, I need You!" That was my moment with Him. I say moment because it wasn't nearly long enough...I could stay there in that place with Him. But, life calls, kids call, school, work, ministry, it all calls...I must answer the call and enjoy every moment I get! Doesn't that scream IN LOVE! I mean it seems to be exactly the picture of Love between two...even though you must still fulfill the duties of life, you anticipate every secret, special, stolen away moment with your LOVE! I mean gee even on a deserted island you still have to focus time on finding food, lighting fires at night, building and maintaining your "home", you know its life wherever you are!

In this moment I found heaven, Jesus, His presence surrounding me...He spoke so clearly to me. It was as if every light, everywhere came on all at once...I GOT IT!!! Worship! I get it! The change we seek in our worship that really connects us with Him...it's when we come to Him desiring to serve Him and not seeking to be served. Let me expound: I saw the woman laying at the feet of Jesus, washing His feet with her hair and tears. She came to Him and served Him. Her desire for Him, to be in His presence, to serve Him, to give Him all her love, all she had, to wipe His feet with her hair and wash them with her tears...I mean you can't get more serving than that! Oh how beautiful a picture we were given of Worship. That is worship!!! It's not that we are wrong for desiring to be filled by Him or touched by Him or loved by Him...those things are given.....he gives us that always! It is who He is...BUT it is when we come to Him that way more! When we come to into Worship with Him to serve Him and offer ourselves up wholly to Him, not thinking about the return, just because we cannot contain ourselves but to reach out and grab hold of Him to give Him OUR Love. That's when we become as One with each other. That's when our relationship clicks and connects together. Our love can never compare to His, but are we willing, desiring to present to Him, to lay at His feet, all we have whatever that looks like, knowing that He will take it and make it more beautiful, more multiplied, more marvelous. In His hands everything is Golden!

Step into His marvelous light and let Him shine through you....making you not only white as snow but Gold and Glorious as He is the fullness of Glory!


1Peter 2:9 "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:" 



Numbers 6:24-26 "The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace." 



2 comments:

  1. Christina, that was beautiful - and not just a beautiful thought, ideal or aspiration - a beautiful truth of life at His feet. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete