Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What A Day...

Wow! Today has been absolutely fabulous! It all started with a nap...
After waking up this morning to get the boys up, ready, and off to school I came back in bed and got on the computer for a bit to start a blog post. I was going to exhort on a scripture. Then Jerry brought me a letter from my Grandma and inside was a check for $100...what??!!?? She just was thinking about me and wanted to bless me. Random? Maybe! Or maybe God ordered! I was so touched by that so I wrote her a letter to send to her. Then I got super tired and Jae was still asleep so I decided to take advantage of that and take a nap for a little. The nap was nice and long and Jae oddly...or not...slept in for a good long while. I woke up to her next to me talking about well I'm not sure, I was still groggy. I then responded to some phone messages and got stirred in my spirit which led to some out pour of the word which led to some in pour of reading the word. So good! Of course, you can't be on the computer without FB calling out to you. My phone was showing FB alerts so I got on to check it out. Well...that led to random weirdness, lots of giggles, and odd comments. Haha, I couldn't help myself but maybe I just felt so great after being able to recharge. I am so thankful that God provided that opportunity and orchestrated everything just so for the day.

Now to the even cooler part...

So later on my mom feels led to give me a much needed "break" and I could choose how to spend it. Normally, Jerry has his guys night and I enjoy a night of LOST and V and ME TIME! I was gonna spend time with my pal, but that wasn't meant to be for this night. Jerry offered to spend time with me but I didn't want to disturb "his" time, because I understand the importance of it even if I do desire his time to myself! :) Anyways, I came up with a plan for myself. I was going to go to Barnes N' Nobles and do some homework and possibly see the movie "Date Night"...now I NEVER EVER GO TO THE MOVIES ALONE OR REALLY SPEND TIME ALONE outside of maybe going to Target or some other local store to find some clothes or something. I love time WITH someone much more. BUT, I knew that I could do it and it would probably be a wonderful time for myself. I go to B&N and end up running into my 2 friends who are coincidentally....or not....going to see the same movie I was contemplating going to see at the same time. They invited me along so I enjoyed the time with them and then ended my night at B&N getting homework done until Jerry came to pick me up (my mom had dropped me off on the way to taking Cedg to practice for me).

All in all, this has been so great and I feel great! I am going to do this more often when I can....change of scenery, change of pace, and some good time for me!

It's important to take care of YOU in the midst of taking care of everyone else. recharge happens in so many ways. I recharged with a nap and me time for my body and mind as well as recharging my spirit with the word...sounds super balanced and super great to me! :)

Now I am awake from my late night coffee and I think some melatonin and a good night sleep will top me off...

THANKS GOD FOR LOVING ME AND TAKING CARE OF ME!!!

Loves and Hugs,
Christina

2 comments:

  1. some days are easier to rejoice and be glad in!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true Cre...other days it's such a struggle to rejoice, but if we could just push past our flesh than we would always come out feeling better...THANKS FOR COMMENTING! Hehe! I think this is my first official comment...very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete