Monday, August 9, 2010

Jae and her first day...

So my baby has officially become a Big Girl! Kindergarten DAY 1 has begun and she was as ready as ever. We had a bit of a glitch this morning and were a tad late. The bell had rung and the kids were standing in their lines when we got there. It kind of killed my more lengthy "first day" experience but it didn't phase Jaeana. She wasn't even thinking about me. They surprisingly let us walk them to the classroom, which is something they typically do not do. She walked right in and didn't look back. I watched helpless waiting for a glance my way so I could wave, but sadly there was none. She took a moment to find her seat and took off her backpack, sat in her chair and put her name tag on. Then she so "big girl like" sat waiting for the next instructions still not looking my way as the group of eager "first day" parents huddled outside the classroom door. Wow! We were all here...our kiddos in Kindergarten, probably everyone thinking the same thing: "Where did the time go..., I remember when..., you know typical thoughts for us parents (mostly the moms Lol!) However, Jerry has his own typical parent feelings (Jerry style of course) for Cedric, since he is growing into a man, going into Middle School/Jr. High. He made him business cards and he has a cool man wallet, you know all the things every 6th grader needs, and a Facebook page too. Wow! :) LOL! Ah the life of us old folks as Dads and Moms with growing up kids. We have some Freedom that we have been waiting 11 years to experience. I never thought the day would come so fast but I am definitely excited for what this adventurous journey will bring. More pics to come soon! :) Have a lovely day everyone!











****FREEDOM!!!****
:) Lol! Hubby and Wife time! We are old and married, with all 3 kids in school..what to do, what to do?!?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment