Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Realization of AGE...


AGE.....
         Is it just a number or does it define your life? Are you categorized by what number in line you are or is life measure only by experiences? Age. We all are one. We all have one. It is constantly increasing in size. unasked by anyone. Without permission it stretches for the max limit. With it comes, well, side effects. I believe Age to be working hand in hand with Gravity. They have been in kahoots for some time now. Age can be sneaky. It often creeps in and before you even realize it, an extra 10 years has been added! Age....hmmmm!

         Today I stepped into the vanity/sink area of my bathroom to routinely wash my face and get ready for the next Carroll Clan Adventure. To my horrific disbelief, as I took the scrunchy out of my hair, I noticed something. This something was very unsettling and even now as I type I am quite unsure of how to fully react or respond. When I looked....I found.....a hair!!!!! AHHH! Oh but not just any hair! No, not even a gray or white hair. What I found was a MULTICOLORED HAIR! What the heck is a multi-colored hair you ask? I DON'T KNOW!!! But I need answers! This hair stems from the root, is thicker in texture, much like what happens when gray/white hairs come in. The color change is only about 2inches from root to end and the rest of the hair is normal. The hair has gold like sparkle to it with bits of red and probably a little white. I really don't know and I do not believe I have seen anything like before, although I will have to now ask my mother, whose gorgeous, natural, colors have been shining beautiful for the past couple years. Her hair is also multicolored I guess, not quite gray/white, but blondes and browns mixed in. I think it is beautiful and if my hair is beginning the "CHANGE" before I have even hit my 28th birthday, then I can only hope that it can be as beautiful as hers.

         Now I know I could dye it whatever color I want, and I have dabbled in colors in the past, but it has been many years. I don't feel the need to jump and dye my hair right now because of ONE ODD HAIR, I am just shocked that I am here, in this place, now! How did I get here? Why am I getting so old so fast? Where is the time going? Is there some Time Sucking Machine at work here?

         With all the high emotions and extra melancholy days, plus this rash on my face that I am trying to deal with, this ONE HAIR, could not have come at a worse time. Sometimes I think to myself, "Really God, really? As if You haven't already overloaded my plate enough...I think You are wrong about my "HANDLING LIMIT" maybe we should sit down and re-crunch these numbers..." HAHAHA! It's ok to laugh people. Everyone has thoughts like this at some time or another. Now don't get me wrong, I am only be facetious when I say this. I know God knows me, better than I know me. He knows what I can handle better than I know. His love for me is as a soft covering of a thick, warm blanket, on a cool fall/winter night. It protects me, but also helps me to grow. It pushes places in me that I am too scared to push on my own and it carries me to the next place, strengthening my step. I know that regardless of what I must face in order to fulfill my destiny and purpose, that everything will be ok. Everything will always be ok because I have HIM!!! My Abba Daddy, My Lord and Saviour, My Great I AM, My Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, Mighty God...My ALL! These mere moments that so many of us take for granted or over concern ourselves with are all temporary. Those of us who choose God, His ways, His Life, His Love, we shall live together in eternity with sitting in the high places of heaven with Him. If Jesus could live in this place, being more criticized, ridiculed, tortured, disgraced, spat on, belittled, disrespected, and unloved than any of us could ever imagine than what are these things in comparison? They are nothing. Everyone has a different story. It doesn't matter what YOU think it looks like, it's what it was for them. Our stories make us who we are. They are the deciding denominator in our "make or break" life. Will it break us, crumble us, and destroy us, or will it make and mold us into the person we were meant to be?
         
         So, as for me and my hair....we will journey on together, finding more hairs, seeing more years blink by, until out time has come to an end and we are no more. The realization of Age...or the realization of Life? Either way, it's beyond our control so we might as well go with the flow right?!?! :)

Have a great Weekend everyone!!!
Loves and Hugs,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment