Saturday, August 13, 2011

Let the children come...

This morning my baby Jae woke me up at 6:15am all extra wide eyed and super hungry...the school routine has definitely kicked in. I would have liked to sleep in just a little longer, but ah well. I made her some cereal and decided to sit at the table with her and read my bible. Part of me wanted to run back under my covers though...hehe! The word was so good. I would read and then God was downloading some things into my spirit. I would close my eyes and then read more. I tend to visualize in my mind when God shows me things. Jaeana asked me, "Mommy, are you reading with your eyes closed?" I chuckled and said, "No I'm just thinking about what I'm reading." She then responded with a big..."Ooh, so you are reading it in your mind!" hahaha! I love my baby! How children try so hard to understand the things of this giant world we live in is so precious. These little mini people, with a big imagination, big hearts, and joyful smiles, WANT to soak up and absorb all the understanding they can. Then something happens and that WANT turns into a huge dislike and disinterest, emotional roller coasters leading to anger and depression, which causes more negative responses. My heart is saddened that we all take that route at one point or another. I think how Jesus spoke boldly about letting the little children come to Him. Children are so special, often untainted by the ugly world to some degree...they get wronged, get hurt, and life beats them up. Their precious little spirits become corrupted, and now look at us adults, walking around with our shields up, keeping everyone out even Jesus...the cool thing is He is sitting at that spot saying, "let the little children come unto Me"...children run into the arms of the ones they love with no reservations or thoughts about what they look like while doing it. They run, they smile, they laugh...let us tap into our inner child, the child who really, really wants to run into the arms of Daddy...

Toodles and Noodles (GF of course),
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment