Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Breakin' it down OR Breakn' down!...

You know that old saying, "When life hands you lemons, squeeze out or make some lemonade!"? Well, after today, let's just say I now have an *abundant* supply of lemonade...I mean seriosuly! lol!

I won't even begin to list everything, it's irrelevant now! I do want to say this though, "Rejoice in the Lord always, and again I say, Rejoice." (Phil. 4:4) I had a hard time rejoicing all throughout the day. It's hard to rejoice when happy things aren't happening. It's hard to rejoice when you feel like Job in the scriptures, all that affliction and no answer as to why. Anytime we have a season of continual "not happy" things happen, we immediately sympathize with Job...."Oh my life feels just like Job. When will this end Lord, remove this cup from me Father!" Oh don't act like you have never said that or thought that before. Lol! This time I don't see Job. This time I just see what I need to do. I need GOD!!! I have gone to Him quite a bit today. I have screamed out His name, cried some tears, prayed and pressed. Yet, the day continued on offering me more "things"! I'm good Life, I'm good!!! No more lemonade, no more lemons. I want some strawberries now or some kiwi, maybe even some cantaloupe. I have a new found appreciation for a plain old glass of water! In fact I might be choosing water much more often...hehe...not that I drink lemonade, just saying!

I'm constantly reminding myself today of truths! I have spoken them, declared them, prayed them, sung them, hummed them, I didn't dance though, not yet anyways! God gave me this little song about a year back....

"I'm just gonna dance my cares away
I'm just gonna dance my cares away
I'm gonna dance my cares away
It's in His hands, it's in His hands

I'm just gonna shout my fears away
I'm gonna shout my fears away
I'm gonna shout my fears away
It's in His hands, it's in His hands

For He has lifted me up over mountains
And He has lifted me up over seas
He has lifted me up, made it quiet and still
And I will rest in His peace"

Don't steal my song now people!!! But I found myself remembering this song today! It brings me to that scripture:
"For no temptation (no trial regarded as enticing to sin), [no matter how it comes or where it leads] has overtaken you and laid hold on you that is not common to man [that is, no temptation or trial has come to you that is beyond human resistance and that is not adjusted and adapted and belonging to human experience, and such as man can bear]. But God is faithful [to His Word and to His compassionate nature], and He [can be trusted] not to let you be tempted and tried and assayed beyond your ability and strength of resistance and power to endure, but with the temptation He will [always] also provide the way out (the means of escape to a landing place), that you may be capable and strong and powerful to bear up under it patiently." (1 Corinthians 10:13 AMP)

Many scriptures came to mind today that I spoke over myself. Thank You God for Your word that is true!

"Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you." (Luke 10:19 AMP)

All throughout the scriptures God commands us, His people, to be Strong and of Good Courage, not to be afraid or dismayed, for He promises to be with us wherever we go.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control." (2 Timothy 1:7 AMP)

I am standing Strong and Steadfast in the Lord despite what I keep seeing. I'm finding ways to control my emotional outbursts that result from these things...I WILL have the Victory! God promised me victory! "I'm a Conquerer through Jesus Christ the King!"

When you are feeling pressed on all corners, when you have done all you know to do to no avail, when you are at the end of the line, and all the poop is hitting the fan, Jesus Christ is there holding your hand!!! :)

He has not let me fall today, but has kept me. I may have lost my cool a few times, but I will remain true to Him as He continualy proves true to Me!!!


Night Folks!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment