Thursday, August 4, 2011

Raw Detox Day 4

Ahhh! This is the best day yet...talk about overcoming Day 3 Hurdles...lol! Today an executive decision was made in regards to this detox. My friend and I have had a really hard time physically, just feeling fatigued and somewhat sluggish, then my kidneys and her stomach have just not been being very obedient...LOL! We are modifying our foods slightly by adding in a healthy change each day or to a particular meal. Today we added in some Almond Milk, and we are continuing a small intake of Nuts/Seeds. This has helped tremendously and I AM BEAMING WITH HAPPINESS and a little more energy!

The Recipes responsible for this happiness are as follows:
(these recipes are original creations, names and all....had to make names...lol!)

For Breakfast...


'Oh Sweet Ginger' Smoothie
1 Cup Almond Milk (more or less depending on desired thickness)
1Cup Frozen Mango Chunks
1/3 Cup Frozen Blueberries 
1/3 Cup Frozen Strawberries
Freshly Shaved Ginger Root (using a peeler, 3-4 long shaved pieces)
*optional add small squeeze of Raw Agave
And bbbblend!!!! 
This was thick and creamy and I ate the first half with a spoon before I drank every last drop. A cup of dreamy heaven I tell you, like eating milky ice cream - which is diff for me because I cannot eat dairy!

Then it was onto Lunch...
(This idea came from my Detox Pal Amy and I kind of ran with it, imagine salad with No dressing, No oils, No seasonings, but fulfilling and delicious beyond what your taste buds could imagine! Credit goes to Amy for inspiring this delicious delight! Thanks Amy!)

'Salad Voila!'
Fresh Big Romaine Leaves (broken into smaller portions)
Baby Spinach
Diced Cherry Tomatoes
Handful Fresh Chopped Parsley
Handful Fresh Chopped Cilantro
2 Small or 1 Large Freshly Minced Garlic Cloves
1/2 Squeezed Lemon
Mix all together in a Ziplock Bag and pour into your Bowl
*optional, top with small handful of mixed nuts/seeds (cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, pistachios)
Enjoy this tangy, delicious salad and feel like you were served some exquisite new Raw Meal...you will love it, if you love garlic that is!

These are the creations that have filled me with a happy smile, food can be so much fun...healthy Raw food! It's time to get creative folks...use that imagination you remember as a child and get in that kitchen and start chopping! I know there is a whole world of flavors and foods I have never even experienced, but for me, a regular person, dealing with food allergies, needing to get out of the boring repetitions of the foods I have been eating.....well this is Simply Divine!

Hopefully I have inspired you to dig in and get chopping!

Now, in other news...I have had a heart of intercession today, but it wasn't so heavy as it often comes, it was more of I just had to pray in the spirit in the middle of what I was doing...Chopping Veggies, Blending Fruits, Typing or working on the Computer, playing Solitaire on my iPad, cleaning with the kids.....I just had to pray! Like I was talking to myself! It was great, and I am so honored to have a relationship with God in this way. Have you ever seen those people...some of you are those people..you know the ones with their Bluetooth in ear or their Headphones and they are walking through the store or the mall or anywhere just having conversations, ordering their food or whatever, and going back to the conversation without skipping a beat....DO YOU KNOW? Well that is what its like sometimes when I start praying throughout the day and this intercession hits like this...THIS wave is pretty much like that without an electronic device, but something more internal...its fabulous! Although, I have to admit, if I wasn't at home, having an electronic device in my ear would look much better than that crazy girl walking and talking to herself. LOL! Still, I impress upon you...spend some time with God today and let Him be the buddy in your ear. It's one facet of your relationship where you can learn to share your whole world with Him. Then other times it can be much more intimate and alone.

Well that's all for now folks...feels good to be blogging again! Tata!
Christina




No comments:

Post a Comment