Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Toe Jam or In a Jam or just Jam and Bread...

Today, I had a Bread Baking Victory, my emotions exploded out like a shook up can of soda, and I have yet to repaint my toe nail polish...ok that last one was random, but it's been bugging me that I haven't made time for that! I had some multiple food victories today actually. I define a victory as something my kids and hubby like. They are so dang picky! Everyone blames me because I'm allergic to so much that I'm the picky one, but NO! It's always a question of "well what do you eat then?" Oh My Gosh people, I eat food! I eat all the time! I don't starve myself! I enjoy delicious food everyday I just usually have to make it myself. I can't eat junk, unless I make GF versions which end up being healthier when you make it from scratch because you know what ingredients are in it. I eat bread, salad, chicken, fish, soup, tacos, wraps, toast, sandwiches, donuts, cookies, smoothies, fruit, veggies, rice, potatos, chips, etc, I EAT! It's just all my food is mostly made by me and is made with a few different ingredients. It's too expensive to buy Premade GF, Soy-Free, and Chocolate Free products. These are my main problem causing foods. Well not the Gluten, but the wheat, barley, and rye grains themselves. Although they don't cause too many problems like chocolate and soy do. Anyhow, running off on a tangent...

I made pasta salad with quinoa elbow noodles, mixed veggies, chicken, and tomato basil feta crumbles...delish! Kids love it and are taking it to school tomorrow. I also made bread today. I modified my recipe and added Kamut to my Rice Flour Blend....also delish! My kids love the bread too and so did Jerry. Victory!!! I'm really craving something sweet and I try tricking my cravings by eating something healthier in place of it. Like a Smoothie or fruit, a piece of toast with almond butter and strawberry fruit spread, anything I can think of...it works for the moment, but my mind is holding on to the want. I have my sights set on a GF Vanilla Cupcake from Safeway, which goes against my buying of pre made store bought items, but if I make it homemade I will eat all of it and then wish I hadn't. Too much of anything is a bad thing, especially when sugar is involved, no matter how raw in form or natural it may be (agave, honey, raw cane sugar, etc). Oh well, tonight it's nada!

As far as emotions go...eh, I'm probably a big ol' mess! I just don't have the time to give in to them for long, there is way too much that needs my attention. I explode, gather my self of pieces, and keep on moving! Haha! My interesting little world for sure.


So what did we learn here today everyone? (hands raised..."yes, ____[name goes here]____" "Um, we learned today that Christina is emotional, baked bread and pasta salad, needs to laint her toes, and wants a cupcake." "yep, that about sums it up."

(I might need help! Lol! I think Someone already called 9-1-Jesus! Hehehe!)

Well, goodnight (no it's not bed time, but it is night time so Good Night!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment