Wednesday, September 21, 2011

All in the Worship!


The Power of Worship can change the very smell in the air you are breathing. It has the power to break down strongholds and the power to lift you up out of the darkness. When you enter into worship your very being is changed. While I was sitting and getting some work done today, I suddenly realized how quiet it was. I felt at that moment I needed to make it, well, un-quiet, and decided to turn on the good old Pandora Mix. Instantly I was filled with a joyous warmth. It penetrated right to my heart. I wasn't looking for it, I wasn't asking for it, I wasn't thinking about feeling joy or warmth...lol! The moment, and I say that literally, the MOMENT the music started I felt like this. It was rather crazy, but made me even more excited in a happy way. I began to think about the power of worship in one's life. Why don't we wield this weapon more often? I know it's there...it just seems that when your day is going a different direction than you had hoped, turning on some worship music and allowing it to penetrate your heart is not often the first thing on the To-Do List. 

My day today was nothing more than ordinary, I wasn't feeling up or down, I wasn't deep in thought over the happenings in life, I was merely sitting and getting some work done on the computer. I was OPEN and RECEPTIVE without trying and so I was AVAILABLE for the Holy Spirit to move in me. In times of craziness I most definitely am not this quick to feel all better. I usually have to cry it out or sit deep in thought trying not to be consumed by the thoughts. I must admit, this instantaneous joy felt really good. As I think about it now, after the fact, I can't help but still smile. It was a good feeling and I am appreciative for it. I will hold on to it for awhile, because often, in my experiences in life, just as quick as that feeling can come in, it can leave even faster. 

Regardless of what's going on throughout your day, whether you are simply "getting work done" or fighting the craziness of life, STOP and make time for Worship. Stop and open up and be receptive to God moving in you. Stop and allow the worship to seep in so it will pour out. STOP, and WORSHIP!!! And let God FILL YOU UP!

Loves and Hugs,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment