Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dealing with Healing...

I am such a wimp when it comes to pain...I cried (a couple tears) today as my hubby made me brave taking off the ace bandage wrap. I wasn't ready to part with it! I wasn't ready to let go, well have it let go of me that is! The release of pressure never feels good, the thought of the gauze wrapping being stuck to any incision mark, ahhhhh! I wanna cry again thinking about it. Ok, Ok, it wasn't that awful...can I blame the drugs again? Lol! It stings off and on, it is still numb around the leg, but it looks good so far. I have an "X" marks the spot suture tape where they inserted the catheter. The "YES" they had me write on my leg is still visible as well as the marker map line they made to show the path of the Saphenal vein. I am sitting here for a little while before I put on my compression stockings, which I am sure will be a super duper fun task! Yay! (picture my sarcastic smile)

As promised I am posting pics. Please be warned...there may be a leg in the picture. Do not be offended, if you are afraid of legs than please turn away! Hahaha! Okie dokie then.

Here I am sitting and waiting in the Pre-Op Area with my IV loading me up 
with Very Berry Refreshers...just kidding! :) 
I was getting all fluidededed up! 
I was very tired and slightly anxious, but hubby kept me smiling!

Next Up is the Wrapped Leg...The Pic is a bit dark...sorry! :)

And Lastly, is my leg after taking the bandages off! 
Not too scary just numb and tingly. 
The line is marker, the swelling is from the bandage bunching, 
and you may or may not be able to see the tiny holes 
where the numbing needle poked me along the beautiful purple trail! 


I am curious to see how I will feel over the next couple days. I will be doing this again on the right leg in about a month. I go in for an Ultra Sound tomorrow to check for any blood clots, then for my Post-Op appointment on Tuesday where I will probably be scheduling the next leg. I survived!!! Wooohoooo! Now to get on my extremely tight Compression Stockings without hurting myself....good times!

Toodles,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment