Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Today is the Day!

Today was the BIG Day! Today was my surgery day! I had a Greater Saphenal VNUS Ablation Closure Procedure (to be specific) on my Left leg. I have struggled with Varicose Veins since having my 3 monkeys and it turned into Veinous Reflux. Basically my veins are no longer working correctly to pump the blood back up, causing pain, swelling, fatigue, bulging and unsightly veins to appear on my legs. I'm so young to be dealing with this issue. Most people are much older when having this procedure done. However, seeing that I started my journey with kiddo's on the..um...younger side...hehehe...my body has definitely experienced quite a bit. I am just so thankful that this was something insurance covers and relief from many symptoms is just within grasp as soon as I heal up. It's an Outpatient Procedure, but they do put you under General Anesthesia. I won't bore you with the details of the day though. I wanted to take a picture of my beautifully wrapped leg, but it's dark in this room and I'm not getting up to turn on the light...maybe tomorrow I'll take one before I take the wrap off. It's like an Ace Bandage Cast from my foot to the top of my thigh...my whole leg! Fun stuff!

I have never broken anything and have never had an opportunity to wear a cast. When I was a kid I so badly wanted to break something so I could have a cast that all my friends could sign, get attention, you know! Who wishes for that??? Me, that's who! I'm not gonna lie, I kind of wanted to go to band rehearsal tonight with my Ace Bandage Cast for the experience of the attention...let's call that the Vicodin talking! Hahaha! On the couch has been my home since I returned home. It's a bit boring! My leg is partially numb and I had the worst itch on a numb part and right where they inserted the catheter. Oh....so yeah they insert a catheter from just under my knee area, through the Saphenal vein, to the top of my thigh, heat it up and pull out the catheter, closing the vein wall. Much better process than the old method of Vein Stripping, less invasive, faster recovery, less pain...I'll take anything where the words pain and less are friends. :)

My wonderful Mom is taking care of me, yelling at me as I keep attempting to get up and help myself, and just being the Bestest Mommy Ever! Jerry is at rehearsal with the kiddo's and at this point should be coming home soon. It's times like these (being high on Vicodin) that I just so appreciate and love my family! My love is intensified right now...my emotions are in the clouds...I'm praying, singing in my head, smiling, and just feeling so good, that is until the meds wear off and it's time for more....lol! No it's actually not too bad at all pain wise. Thank You Jesus! I really am appreciative of my family. My kids were super helpful and trying to take care of me. My middle child Camron made me a delicious sandwich, served me an ice cold drink in my special cup, and they all kept asking if I need anything...hmmmm, maybe I should milk this longer...hahaha! Nope there is too much to do to milk anything! Gotta heal up and keep going and then do this all over again on the Right Leg in about a month. They wanted to do one leg at a time, which at first I wasn't happy about, but now realizing the limited mobility I have had today, one leg is perfect!

I swear I think I'm super woman sometimes...I'm not by the way! Well, at least not today...check back with me in a few days though! Ha! I'm reminded today of how much I am loved by my family, how much I truly am "kept" by God, how much my life is worth...oh yes, how much my life is worth. I'm a person of purpose. I have a purpose I must fulfill. I am called to fulfill this and so I must push past EVERY obstacle that stands before me! I must go forward at all times. I must pursue fervently the end of the race, the prize for the high calling of Christ. I must, so that He can through me accomplish His Kingdom work!

YOU are called too! If you are reading this than know that YOU have a purpose! Know that YOU are called to achieve great things for the Kingdom of God. I don't care what your life looks like, if you harken unto the voice of the Father, call upon His name, He will answer you, and show you great and mighty mysteries, things you don't know. He will reveal to you Your purpose. He will lead you on the right path He has set before you. He will guide you every step of the way. All you gotta do is trust Him, listen to Him, follow Him, and GO!

Ok, that's all for tonight!
Be blessed and empowered today!

Loves and Hugs,
Christina

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing, I hope you are back Super Woman! lol I leave encouraged!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a vein and vascular center that has multiple locations. They are located in near PHOENIX, ARIZONA, USA. Office locations are, Surprise, Arizona, USA, - Goodyear, Arizona USA, Chandler, Arizona USA and Gilbert , Arizona USA. These cities surround Phoenix, so we want to focus on each city and about a 20 mile radius around each one as well as Phoenix itself since it is in the center of all these cities.

    ReplyDelete