Saturday, September 4, 2010

DAY 2 of 21...

Fast Day 2 out of 21 Days...

Alright, here I am at Day 2. I wasn't feeling so great health wise this weekend. Like I am fighting some bug and my throat has been hurting really bad. God changed things up at Youth last night and we did not have service as planned. We prayed....All night! No worship, no word, just praying for each other until everyone in the room was covered. Ah it was so good, because it was so God. It also helped my throat not to sing that night. However, my throat was still on fire and not getting better, so I got some NyQuil for the night. Let me tell you....DRUGGED is the word! It helped but in the morning I woke up still feeling crappy and in a somewhat delirious state I took another dose this morning. Oh bad idea. My dad and wife were coming to pick up the kids for a few hours so I was up trying to get them ready and slowly the medicine was trickling into my system on my empty stomach (no food to help absorb the side effects). By the time my dad got there I was feeling kind of sleepy but still hanging. Jerry and I were planning to go have breakfast together and get a little "Us" time in. That was the hardest breakfast I have ever sat through. I felt sky high off this medicine and it was so intense. I was woozy and sleepy and barely able to even sit, eat, or talk. I finished my meal and we did get some talk time which I enjoyed, but it was all I could do to stumble into the house and fall into bed, clothes on, shoes on, just collapsed. I awoke only to answer my ringing phone of missed calls because my dad was trying to drop the kids back off. I am not sure how I got up and did that but I managed to and ended curled right back up in my bed and passed out for the remainder of the day until Jerry tried to wake me up around 4:30pm. We are now on a bit of a date night. My mom felt compelled to come give us that and what a treat. She is watching our kids and treating our date. We are about to go see a movie but stopped for a little coffee shop time and needed to blog before I forgot. Things are seeming to be going good. After I blogged yesterday God brought me some intense revelations that I will share later. I'm reading a great small but powerful book called the Prayer of Jabez....wow life changing stuff, spirit stirring, just so good. Gotta run! Night everyone! Until tomorrow!
Loves,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment