Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Search Me, Examine Me, Investigate Me....

Psa 139:23  Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
Psa 139:24  And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
(King James Version)






Psa 139:23  Examine me, O God, and know my mind. Test me, and know my thoughts.
Psa 139:24  See whether I am on an evil path. Then lead me on the everlasting path.
(God's Word Version)




Psa 139:23  Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me; Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about;
Psa 139:24  See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong-- then guide me on the road to eternal life.
(The Message Version)






How interesting this passage in Psalms is. Are we bold enough as King David was to ask God to search us, examine us, investigate us, try us, test us, and look for any areas in our lives that are not in alignment with Him? We may say we want God to change us and make us more like Him, but do we really want that to come in the form of a test? Do we want to go through something in order for God to see and our own self to see if we are walking on the right road? We want a life with God and a life of comfort. Is that not the image created for Christians? Or is it the image of when you become a Christian life is no longer fun? What image has the world created of who and what a Christian really is?


It seems to be such a loose term that many people claim to be. "Oh yeah, I'm a Christian". Really? What makes you a Christian? What is a Christian? Are you a Christian because you go to church? Are you a Christian because you believe in God or even in Jesus? Is that what we measure the name of a Christian by? Are YOU a Christian? Why???


The scriptures talk about Christianity once Jesus came into the picture. The word and it's meaning are centered around Him...being that He is Christ....so to be a Christian is to be a Follower of Christ. If you are a follower of Christ than He is the example by which you live. Can you honestly say that in your life, you are exemplifying a Christ life? Does your life look like His in the sense of His morals, His ways, His values, His actions, His principles...? When people see you do they see a Follower of Christ?


There are many men out there who have claimed to be a man worth following. For example you have Muhammad, who many follow and look at as what they see a kind of Christ. There is only One Christ who is God and any other are just people. Jesus was not just a man...He is the Son of God....He is the TriUne being of God. He is the ONLY WAY, the ONLY TRUTH, the ONLY DOOR, our ONLY connection with God. Without Him there is no us....we would have been wiped out. BUT GOD...sees us through the eyes of Jesus, whom having compassion on a broken people in need of Him, brings us back to Him. He loves us and so He has come to save us. No one else has the power to do this....eh I won't go any further into that today.


Can we be bold in our love for God to ask Him to test us that we may prove to be acceptable and without blame because we follow in the footsteps of our Master and Saviour? Just a thought....just a question....what impact in your life will it make?






Prayer:
Lord above all else I desire to be in right standing with You. I want to please You in all that I do, all that I say, all that I am. I want not only to be a vessel for You to fill and use, but an honorable vessel that You can use for Your glory. 
2Timothy 2:21  If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honor, sanctified, meet for the master's use, prepared unto every good work.
For I desire to Glorify Your Holy name above all others. My LOVE is for You Abba. I am in Love with the One You sent for me...Jesus....prepare me to be the Bride that He awaits to return unto. Reunite me with Him Father that I may dwell in Your house forever. Thank You Lord for giving me another chance to come unto You. For in my sin, You have seen me and forgiven me. You have lifted up mine head from the ashes, turned my mourning into dancing, given me a song from within. Stir up my spirit that I may bring joy unto Your name. Let the angels rejoice when they hear my praise go up to You. Lord here I am, I am Yours!!
Love, Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment