Thursday, September 9, 2010

DAY 6 AND 7 out of 21...

Can we say C*O*M*B*O!!!! I ran out of time in the day yesterday and did not get to my blog...ugh Fail! So instead of making two separate ones or only doing one, I am combining the two. Don't want to leave anything out on this journey! When life throws you lemons....you write 2 blogs in 1. Heehee!!

Yesterday was an ok day. I felt kind of "off" and a bit melancholy.  I was very drained from the Benadryl and feeling pretty itchy. My rash was looking slightly better, but still very itchy. I was able to schedule myself a Doctor's appointment for today so that is a plus!! (there is a story coming with this one) At praise team practices (youth and main) I really did not feel fully myself. I wanted to go home and sit in my anti-social corner, all balled up in a blanket, watching something that would take my mind far away from reality...melancholy right? Lol! There was nothing wrong or an incident, it's just how I felt. However, it's easy to feel like everything you are doing is wrong or someone is mad at you or just weird, stupid thoughts. I push past that stuff because it's usually all in my head anyways and everything is just fine. ONWARD...

I ended my night by falling asleep on the couch and waking up to an "itch fit" several times until I woke up enough to get up and shower for relief and take another dose of Benadryl. This morning I felt so tired and wanted Jerry to get up and do the whole Kids Getting Ready For School Routine, but I just did what I do. I needed to be up and get ready for my appointment anyways. I had a very informative and helpful appointment. This is another thing in the line of God's covering and my breakthroughs. I feel so much more enlightened to relief in my life. I took an allergy test today, which I was inquiring about, but not expecting today. That was interesting, helpful, and a little disappointing. I have come to learn that I HAVE ALLERGIES! Never has anyone, any Doctor, said this to me. I have had allergic reactions in the form of hives and other skin breakouts all my life without being able to pinpoint the culprit. The answer has always been, "Oh well it could have been a number of things, there is no way to know, but here is your treatment." Once I had a hives breakout so bad, I was in the 3rd grade by the way, and it covered my body head to toe as well as inside my mouth. It happened at school and I had to gargle with peroxide....talk about disgusting!!! Still the dang reply was not knowing why...!!!! But now I have somewhat of an idea and it was in fact pretty mind-blowing. My Doctor said the dark circles under my eyes were allergies, that my nasal passages were swollen and that's allergies, and of course my breakouts and occasional small eczema patches are allergies, not to forget my fatigue and lack of good focus. CRAZY!!! I didn't even ask about those things. I am thinking anything that makes me breakout I would like to avoid, not other reactions I was unaware of. Have I bored you yet? LOL! So here is what I'm allergic too in the food group:
Apples                  CHOCOLATE
Apricots               Orange
Bananas                Rye
Barley                   Soybean
Broccoli                Whole Wheat
Cantaloupe            Buckwheat
Carrots                
And the environment group: various Molds, Weeds, Trees, and Smut. A list of names I don't recognize all of or feel like listing right now.
My allergies are moderate and not too severe except for what ever the culprit has been for my rashes, which at the moment have become infectious from the inside out and I am being treated with Antibiotics and steroids. Boo to steroid bloating, if it persists tomorrow I will call and make sure I am not having a bad reaction to it...that's all I need is something to fatten me up and add to all of this. I am happy to know that certain things are linked to allergies, there are some drops I will be trying once I switch health plans and I feel like there is definite light in this tunnel. I am sad about the chocolate and soy though and apples and bananas and broccoli all things I love. You will be pleased to know I can still eat strawberries! The crappy thing about the soy is that I drink soy milk because of my Dairy Intolerance and so there is no other way to have a Latte if I would like to enjoy a coffee shop treat! Bah and Gah and a big sigh! :) I can give up eating delicious Edamame but Soy Milk is a huge part of my coffee life, there is even traces of soy in creamer so.....ah!

If I have still kept your attention thus far, thanks for listening to my rambles and my life...I am pretty happy, but craving chocolate dipped strawberries....I might have to have some until I am more convinced of this no chocolate life....until these supposed miracle drops....until...ugh I don't know this is all still new! LOL!

On another note, God is still covering me and if you haven't realized already, one of my breakthroughs was having insurance now. Such a huge blessing to be able to take care of these issues with My Doctor who takes the time to care and help me instead of an Urgent Care that just diagnosis quickly and rushes you out the door. Maybe I can have a scripture or some revelation for ya tomorrow....I need to go get some laundry done and get my kids settled and ready for bed.

Until tomorrow folks....
Loves and Hugs,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment