Thursday, September 23, 2010

DAY 21....I'm HERE!!!!!!!!

DAY 21....where one journey ends, another begins....

Wow! What an amazing, adventurous, rough, eye-opening, revelational, transitional, moving, growing, pressing, trusting, emotional journey this has been!!! I can't believe I made it here. When I first started and even half way through I wondered what this day would look like or be. I am so in such a great mood right now! I woke up this morning and the whole beginning was a great start. Got my kids off early and then came home and went for a walk. I am trying to make a habit of at least 2 days a week, on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. It will be so nice as the weather begins to cool down. As I was walking home, I saw Cedric walking in the distance. Apparently his bus did not come and so half the kids just gave up waiting and started walking. This is a bit too much for me. He has never walked to school along busy streets or open paseo walking paths alone. I wasn't ready. Luckily I saw him and could get him to school myself. Jerry had gone off to breakfast with Pastor Joseph so no one was home and he did not have his phone because he has been grounded. Um...he will be always having his phone from now on! But he is all set and I am home and I enjoyed my morning. I made myself a smoothie, well I started to and realized I did not have any ice so I had to improvise. I bought this really delicious Soy Free, Dairy Free, Gluten Free COCONUT MILK Ice cream. It is actually really quite yummy and tastes so much like real ice cream that the first time I tried it I kept checking the label just to make sure there was no dairy. Any ways I used a few spoons of that, fresh strawberries, a freshly juiced cucumber and a freshly squeezed lemon. All blended up it was actually, well is actually super tasty! I'm drinking it now as I type. I love creativity and what it inspires. My favorite thing to do is see where creativity will get me. I have discovered or happened upon new recipes or new skills that made me feel quite good about myself.

Anyhoooo....today is such a great day! It feels great to be able to breathe and to be able to have clear skin. GOD HAS HEALED ME!!!! My skin is close to normal and so is my breathing. Last nights practice was great. Ah to be able to breathe!!! I mean we really take air for granted! Our body's ability to operate and function in the normal things is really important and very special and when it begins to fail you in even the slightest way it can be scary! I am so thankful for this time of refreshing. I know that I have more along my journey. This was only one adventure along the way. The ups and downs definitely have kept me on my toes. Thank you Lord for a moment to rest from it all and rest in You.

I'm still on the medicine another week and a half but it's going good. I have my moments of really desiring to eat something I can't have and that kind of sucks but pushing past it and finding things I can have is great especially when I feel great with it. I would really love a chicken nugget and a piece of chocolate though. I mean I am even craving things like cheese which I'm not allergic to but intolerant too and will jack up my belly badly. My body is still trying to adjust to the things I am not having. It's weird! Probably the only crappy part is not knowing what I can eat if we go out to eat. Most foods are cooked in Vegetable oils which is Soy based or it has wheat or it has dairy. I don't have very many "out to eat" options right now. Maybe in moderation later on I can go back to that but not until I get a handle on the heightened allergy state I have been in. NO WAY....Not worth it!

That's really it though isn't it? How long will we continue on in something until we finally say NO MORE it isn't worth it? For some things or in some areas we can allow something to go on even with the consequences that come with it. Like with foods that hurt our stomachs...we know we shouldn't eat it but the pains it brings isn't nearly enough pains to make us completely stop. How much more often do we as Christians do this with God and with Sin in our lives? Just something to ponder....

I'm gonna get a couple of things cleaned up around the house and continue on in my day....I hope everyone has an awesome rest of their day and rest of the week/end. Don't think this is the last journey you can have a glimpse of...like I have said before...this was only one adventure. Thanks for riding with me. I hope you learned something, were inspired or encouraged, saw deeper into the life of a real person living for God, and maybe even became closer with God yourself.

Loves and Hugs everyone,
Christina

2 comments:

  1. Congrats homegirl! I knew God had breakthroughs for you guys from this fast....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude...I know more is coming...for us all!!! Bring the rain God, we are ready!

    ReplyDelete