Monday, September 6, 2010

DAY 4 of 21...

Day 4 out of 21 Days...

"Faith and Authority"

A few days ago I came across a Devotional I had saved. I labeled it "Using Your Authority" which sparked my interest to see what it was. I felt like it was a Divine Appointment for me to find it at this point in time because I was going to be using it soon. Of course my thoughts for the use did not line up with my now revelation and actually use for it. I have come to see this season I'm in as a time of building my faith. As I have said earlier I realize I need to have stronger faith in order to fulfill my purpose. I ask God to stretch me and grow me and change me and mold me and that I would trust Him while He does it. My heart is for Him and I know I need to continue on this journey despite the obstacles I must endure along the way. Now I am seeing this as a time to not only build my faith but exercise my authority as a Believer and Follower of Christ. When we choose God, Christ, then we have access to His Authority. Rarely do we put it to use though. Let me share this Devotional with you first:



Exodus 14:15–16 15And the Lord said to Moses, “Why do you cry to Me? Tell the children of Israel to go forward. 16 But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it...

 The problem with the body of Christ today is not that we are not praying. We are praying. But many of us are praying desperate prayers. We are praying, “God, help… God, please… God, do something about my problem!”

If you are smiling a little by now, most likely, you know about such prayers and might have prayed a couple yourself. My friend, God does not want you to pray pleading prayers all the time. He wants you to use the authority He has given you to pray powerful prayers, to boldly command and to “stretch out your hand” and see miracles happen.

When Moses stood before the Red Sea with Pharaoh’s army in hot pursuit, the Bible tells us that he cried out to God. But God told him, “Why do you cry to Me?”

There is a time for you to cry out to God and there is a time for you to use your authority. God told Moses, “Tell the children of Israel to go forward. But lift up your rod, and stretch out your hand over the sea and divide it.”

The “rod” you have today is the name of Jesus. As you command in Jesus’ name, your “sea” will open and you will go on dry ground through the midst of your problem.

Do you realize that Jesus did not say, “Go and pray for the sick”? He said, “Go and heal the sick.” (Matthew 10:8) So stop pleading and asking all the time, and start using the authority you have in Christ.

Jesus told the church, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore…” (Matthew 28:18–19) My friend, God wants you to go and use the authority that He has given you. And as you go, miracles will flow!
Thought of The Day
When you start using the authority you have in Christ, miracles will flow.

I am seeing areas where I need to exercise my authority. I keep asking God to make a way and take away this rash. I cry out for Him to help me. Maybe He is telling me to speak to the thing with the authority He has given me instead of just using my faith that He will do it. I need to maybe put my faith in the authority He has given me and walk in my faith and authority hand in hand. 

It never ceases to amaze me at how God shows us things we did not see or did not know when we seek Him more. During this fast I am seeking Him and seeking to know and see more. I love that He answers me. If we look more closely God answers many things, but because we have our mind set as to what the answers should look like we often miss it. 

I encourage you all to seek God with openness and see what He has to show you. God bless you all!

Until tomorrow...
Loves and Hugs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment